Scarlet Nebula is going to be a Java based software program mainly for
managing VM (Virtual Machine) based IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) clouds.
- Mixed clouds (communicating servers from different cloud providers, possibly even private clouds)
- A tree based navigational structure for servers. This will allow for grouping of servers and scaling from a single to thousands of servers.
- Statistical tracking of the amount of time servers are online
- Graphs for tracking stuff like CPU usage and other useful data on the "health" of a server.
- Extensive scripting that allows for starting new servers with a single click.
- Triggers that can send alerts in the form of emails, execute scripts,...
And of course the obvious ones like
- Starting new servers
- Executing commands on one or more servers
- Transferring files to one or more servers
- Shutting servers down
Under the motto "all code is better than no code" the Dasein Cloud API seems somewhat interesting. Although the entire Dasein documentation seems to consist of 1 short page of API reference and less than a handful of short code examples, code quality seems to be okay and it is still being actively developed.